Episode 6: Tools for Maximizing Both the Beautiful and the Broken Parts Of Our Stories
Today we conclude this Origins series with a look at how our past affects more than how we view ourselves and how we relate to others; it also colors our experience with God.
- When you think of different attributes of God, which one(s) resonate most with you? Are they positive or negative?
- We talked about four places we can get curious, to identify where our lenses of God might be distorted:
- What did it take to gain approval in your family?
- What characteristics of God most resonate with you—and which ones do you resist?
- How do you view your father (or primary parent)?
- And how did you best receive healthy love as a child?
Of these four places to get curious, which would be most helpful for you in this season?
- What faulty assumptions might you be making about God—or your relationship with God? What’s one mantra you can claim to replace that faulty assumption?
- What is one practice you can engage in this week to help you view God through undistorted lenses?